Sunday, October 16, 2005

A title that promises nothing

Now, if i've ever had an acurate title to a post, this was it. I mean, it says nothing at all, not a damned thing. I had other ideas for the title since what is on my mind will be far more amusing than anything i've written since at least 2 posts ago. But really, does this go down as a good title or a really shitty one? Maybe i should have just titled it, I have no idea what to call this one, but that would be a lie. How about something like "I have an idea but that might give away the direction that I want to go with this post"? But that's too long. Ok, so really nothing is too long for me, I believe you should always be over-expository (BIG WORD ALERT) in everything you write for humor. Why? cause it's fucking funnier that way! Really, that's it, fun-ni-er. yes, i broke it down into syllables, live with it, it's the best way to do the "should i talk more slowly?" or the ever so famous (at least to some of us) "did i studder?" Basically it's teh "i'm getting this point across regardless of what you might try to do to stop me. It's true, you may have gone to U(sic)GA, but this joke is so prolonged and stretched out and overused that even you can get it.

Ok, so now that that's been said, i'll get to what i wanted to talk about. It's not that important. Well, actually, for once i think it is. It's got more to do with the world than just my skewed perception of it. Ok, so maybe i only think that since as i just said, i do have a skewed perception of the world. But here goes anyway...

When I do something that's really dick, for example hang up on someone when they're annoying or i call them an asshole and simply walk away. You get the point anyway. But when I, or any guy for that matter, do(es) something along those lines, all I can say is "sorry, felt like a dick there for a moment" or "he's just an ass" or "fucking bastard". There's no good way to get out of it intact. That's where women have this HUGE advantage. See, if a woman does this, she has teh ultimate out (and yes, that was gonna be the title of this post originally) she can just say "sorry, PMS" and all is forgiven.

That's sooooooo unfair. I really wish we had something like that to cop out of any time we just wanted to be the world's biggest prick. It could be LOPS, Lack Of Play Syndrome. But that's not acceptable. I guess since it's not proven or something. But really, i think about it, and it's rather simple, cause i know that when i go thru long stretches (in that 2 month-9 month range) i get really just a bit more testy. Why that range do you ask? well it's simple. In the first two months, you figure, well, i'm just pacing myself. After 9, you've kind of resigned yourself to the idea that it's more likely that your penis will fall off randomly than get some happy fun play time. In between though, it's the "god damn, i need me a woman." and you get a bit testy and pissed at all sorts of people. This is where LOPS would come into use. But i don't think people would be likely to let you get away with it for 7 months in a row.

However, in this unfair world, women get away with it form teh age of 13 until around 50, 4 days out of every 30. That comes out to 13.5% of 37 years. Now, is that fair? i thought not. So really, we should be allowed some time to be assholes ourselves. Not a ton, just some. But this really leads me to my next thought related to this. Which is, that all world leaders should be married men. That way you make sure that they are men that are at least getting a little loving so as to avoid LOPS and not women to avoid PMS so that wars are for bad reasons like oil and not really bad ones like "i was feeling like a prick today, so i blew up a small country."

Ok, well i think that will work for today. If you want me to post more, inspire :-P or at least be funny, or soemthing liek that.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hate it when women use the PMS excuse. Yes, it's on the list of disorders for farther study in the DSM-IV-TR. But I still hate that shit. I say, instead of giving men an excuse, take the excuse away from women.